V is for vegetables.
I want to eat more.
I want to grow more.
At times my diet can be somewhat lacking in vegetables. It would be great if I ate more. Growing my own is contributing to me eating more than I used to so continuing that would be a good thing. Over the next few weeks I will seek out some different ways of cooking/using vegetables to increase my intake. Recently I was given a couple of beetroots from the local Community Garden. I had no idea what to do with them. I have never eaten beetroot before apart from out of a tin. I was given some advice and I used Google to investigate my options a little more. I ended up roasting them (individually wrapped in alfoil with a tablespoon of water and cooked in moderate oven for about 50 minutes) and then I chopped them with my Tupperware Quick Chef food processor and adding some yoghurt. They made a delicious dip and I was surprised how easy it was. I'm even thinking of growing my own beetroot now that I've discovered how yummy they are. Plus I am told they are very good for you. Bonus!

I love Veggies :) Great post!
ReplyDeleteSarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)