What a fun challenge this week from the Diva, aka Laura Harms. This Sunday (24 Jan) is Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day and the challenge aims to raise awareness of Moebius Syndrome. Laura's youngest son has Moebius Syndrome. As Laura writes, " Moebius Syndrome is a congenital nerve disorder affecting cranial VI and VII nerves controlling the lateral movement of his face ... we deal with delayed developmental milestones, eating/feeding issues, club feet, low muscle tone - just to name a few things, and of course - being unable to deal with viruses and bacterias, he gets very sick. very fast." It is a rare disorder. Out of every 1 million children born in the world, 1-2 have Moebius Syndrome.
The challenge for this week was to use the Moebius Syndrome Foundation Logo as a string. Laura suggested adding some purple as that is the colour for Moebius Syndrome Awareness Day. An alternative suggestion from Laura was to tangle on a Moebius Strip which also sounds like a lot of fun. Perhaps I'll do that later.
I drew the logo onto a tile, which was quite a challenge in itself. I chose the tangles Barberpole by Suzanne McNeill, Printemps (an original tangle) and Limpitz by Jo Newsham. Then a Derwent Inktense pencil for the purple background.
Unexpected connections
4 days ago
Using the purple in the background really made the tangles pop. Great tile!
ReplyDeleteYes I like the idea of the purple background too and, as I haven't seen Limpitz before, you've introduced me to a new pattern too.
ReplyDeleteGreat choice of tangles, I like the way your barberpole fits in.
ReplyDeleteThe purple is beautiful as background for the well chosen tangles.
ReplyDeleteWhat a happy tile!
ReplyDeleteI love how you kept the logo as your negative space. Very nice!
ReplyDeleteI'm afraid I have to agree with Susan..."What a happy tile!" That's the first thing that I said when I saw this one. Very nicely done!
ReplyDelete