I have a new favourite cake recipe. It's for a nectarine upside-down cake and I've made it a few times now. I came across it in the way that I've come across a few of my favourite recipes. I had quite a few nectarines just before Christmas and needed to use them up. As I was taking a dessert to share on Christmas day I decided to try and find a recipe to use them. A quick google search and I came across the recipe for nectarine upside-down cake. I made it and took it for lunch on Christmas day. Not much of it got eaten on the day; there was so much other food. I tried a small piece and it was quite yummy. I gave some away and took some home. The next day I had a piece and it was absolutely delicious. Even better after being in the fridge overnight. I bought more nectarines so I could make another one.
A couple of weeks later I had quite a few peaches so decided to give it a go substituting the peaches for the nectarines. Delicious again!
 |
| Peach upside-down cake |
Yesterday I was given some lovely ripe nectarines from a friend's tree so I've just made another cake. I've just had a piece while it's still warm and I'll enjoy some cold tomorrow I'm sure. I'll be giving some away so I don't eat all of it.
 |
| A slice of warm nectarine cake |
This is a Six Word Saturday post, the idea being to describe your week or part of in six words. My six words this week -
Nectarine upside-down cake - a new favourite!
Update: Thanks to one of my commenters I remembered I was going to put a link to the recipe. Another thing I love about it is that it is really easy!
Great. I drooled on my keyboard. Thanks a bunch.
ReplyDeleteHaha...Sorry about that
DeleteSounds delicious.
ReplyDeleteI love almost any fruit with almost any cake.
ReplyDeletePity it's not nectarine season here.
Me too.
DeleteMy neighbour just bought the some peaches so another cake will be made I think.
Looks yummy and wonderful. I might have to Google tbe recipe.
ReplyDeleteThanks, your comment reminded me I was going to add a link to the recipe I used.
DeleteLooks yummy and wonderful. I might have to Google tbe recipe.
ReplyDelete