Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, June 27, 2015

Yes, sometimes and other times No.

It's been a busy week for me, with a couple of particularly exciting days. One was a first day working at a new school. I was very nervous beforehand and it was quite a challenging morning but I was very pleased afterwards with how it went. The other was a pamper day held yesterday for which I had been part of the organising group. It's been quite a lead up and there were the usual worries before an event - Will it work? Will anyone come? Will there be enough food? What have we forgotten?

I was again very pleased afterwards and it was a wonderful day. There was heaps of delicious food and pampering experiences available, including hair styling, massage, tea tasting, henna tattoos, meditation, make up, warhammer figure painting, tai chi, and yoga.

My main part in the day was to plan and run a table with a few wordplay activities. There was sand, playdough, a quiz (matching quotes to authors), and writing inspiring words on bookmarks (inspired by Patti Digh's book, Four Word Self Help). Stay tuned for a longer post about this! 

There were lots of inspiring conversations during the day. At one stage there were three of us chatting about various things. One of the other women was playing with pebbles in the sand and making a word. I began making the word Yes on the table with some of the pebbles. When I had done the Y and e she turned hers around and I saw it said No. We had a great laugh at the synchonicity! We talked about how they can both be difficult to use at times and both important.

 

My six words for this week -

Yes, sometimes and other times No.
 
Since, I've been thinking about how for some things the answer is not a clear yes or no but maybe a not yet. I'll be writing some more about that soon...
 
See how other people describe their week or part thereof in six words at www.showmyface.com.
 


3 comments: