Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Friday, June 12, 2015

The Diva's Weekly Zentangle Challenge #221

Another fun challenge from Laura this week at www.iamthedivaczt.blogspot.com

The task was to be inspired by Beads of Courage. Laura's youngest son is involved in this program where children receive a bead for courage in undergoing various medical tests and procedures, overnight hospital stays etc. Beautiful strings of colourful beads are a wonderful symbol of how courageous they have been.

Initial ideas were to do a representation of beads or perhaps something symbolic to represent someone who is having a very difficult time at the moment and inspires me with how courageous they are. Unfortunately I can easily think of a few people that applies to at the moment. After tossing around a number of possibilities I settled on using a version of Laced which looks like beads.

 

4 comments:

  1. Love your beads, it also looks like an abacus that children might use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, is that the English word I was looking for (abacus). Something learned today :-)
    I like your beads a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both. I was thinking it looks like an abacus too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, my children had bead toys like that when they were babies. Brings back happy memories!

    ReplyDelete