Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, April 28, 2012

A to Z challenge 2012: Y is for Yertle


It's getting close to the end of the challenge! I've really enjoyed it this year and my theme of "sharing books with children" has turned out to be a lot of fun and a great learning experience. I have been reflecting on my favourite children's books, how I have enjoyed sharing books in the past and how I will continue to share books in the future. I have  learnt a lot along the way, remembered many of my favourite books and explored new ideas for sharing books. I have enjoyed all of the comments and sharing an enjoyment of picture books. I have 'met' lots of great bloggers and visited many interesting blogs. I'm really glad I decided to participate in the challenge again this year. 


Y is for Yertle. 




Yet another Dr. Suess book as the feature of one of my A to Z post. I'm starting to think that next year I may just concentrate on Dr. Suess books and characters. Yertle was one of my favourite characters as a child and I enjoyed sharing this story with my eldest daughter when she was little. In this book, Yertle the Turtle and other stories by Dr. Suess, the story of Yertle who lets power go to his head until he is toppled by Mack, a plain little turtle who has had enough can be enjoyed along with the stories of Gertrude McFuzz and The Big Brag. 

1 comment:

  1. I had forgotten about that book. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete