Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A to Z challenge 2012: C is for Caterpillar


My theme for this year is "sharing books with children". This will include lots of reflecting on my favourite children's books, how I have enjoyed sharing books in the past and how I will continue to share books in the future. I'm sure I will learn a lot along the way and explore new ideas for sharing books. I hope these posts will be interactive ones. Feel free to share your comments and ideas!

 C is for Caterpillar. 





Sometimes we wish for something but then find out that maybe it isn't what we really want. This happens to Hugo in the gorgeous picture book, The Caterpillar That Roared written by Michael Lawrence and illustrated by Alison Bartlett. 

The description on the back of the book reads - 

"Hugo is a caterpillar who longs to be a lion. He practises tossing his mane and roaring like a lion, but his friends just laugh at him. Then one day Hugo convinces Ferdinand the fish that he is a lion...with surprising results. Children  will laugh with Hugo as they learn that being themselves is what matters most." 

This book includes fun ideas for reading and sharing including animal make-believe, make a caterpillar puppet and the classic, paint one side and crease the paper, butterfly paintings. 

The gorgeous story is accompanied by stunning and very colourful illustrations. The pages are completely covered with colour. This one will be a favourite for a long time to come! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a lovely book for kids!
    --Damyanti, Co-host A to Z Challenge April 2012

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover for this book is beautiful. It sounds like the kind of book my nephew would love. Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete