remained unseen
until new eyes came to visit
This was the small stone I posted on my other blog a few days ago. I am participating in a project called International small stones writing month. Each day in January I am writing and posting a short piece of writing about a moment from that day.
I have an apricot tree in the backyard and next to it is another tree. I didn't know what sort of fruit tree it was. The other day my aunt and uncle came over to pick some apricots. On the way they noticed a single fruit on the tree. On closer inspection we discovered this peach. It was the only one on the whole tree. I was amazed that it had grown so big without me noticing. I thought there was no fruit on the tree so I hadn't looked. Despite the fact that I walked past it nearly every day on my way to tend the garden and to pick apricots I had never noticed it. I missed out on seeing it grow. What else do I miss out on noticing because I don't expect to see it?
Unlike the peach, the tomatoes growing in my garden have been keenly watched by me. Each day I have been checking for changes in colour. The first ones seemed to take a long time to ripen but now more are ripening. I should have enough for a small salad soon. The first few have been eaten quickly. I have picked a few cherry tomatoes as well as some Roma ones. The Roma ones were rather small but the ones growing now are larger.
It's apricot time of the year here too. I have picked quite a few and stewed some of them. Very yummy with cream. I will be making some apricot crumble too and maybe some jam? Brianna and I have enjoyed climbing the tree to get almost ripe apricots. There's still some more which should be ready in the next few days.
No comments:
Post a Comment