Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - check in

I mentioned some resolutions in a post earlier this month.


- to participate in a river of stones
- to continue blogging
- to continue writing poetry
- to recommence 20 minutes of free writing/timed response writing



It is nearly the end of January and I thought I would do a quick check in. 


I have been participating in a river of stones and writing a small stone and posting it the same day. I have managed to do this every day. The last few days I have lost a bit of the eagerness but have continued on. I am starting to think about whether I will continue on after January. I think I probably will. It will be interesting to see how many others keep going. There is going to be another challenge in July. That should be fun too. For more information about the project go to www.ariverofstones.blogspot.com or to read my small stones www.pausingforsmallstones.blogspot.com. I am really glad I decided to do this challenge when I read about it. I have done some writing I probably wouldn't have done otherwise. I think some of my small stones will also develop into poems and parts of poems in the not too distant future. Going well! 


I have continued blogging both here and on my small stones blog. Going well! 

I haven't written a lot of poetry. This is probably because I haven't had a lot of time on my own during the school holidays. I tend to write more after I have some time alone. I have jotted a few ideas done and look forward to more writing soon. Should improve soon!


I haven't as yet done 20 minutes of writing. I have come close and almost got the writing book out the other night but then it got too late. This will probably come too when I get more time alone as long as I push myself a little. It is something I often don't feel like starting but am glad I did it afterwards. I am also thinking of making myself a jar of prompts or an envelope of prompts or maybe asking someone to make one for me. I like to write to a random topic that I may not have really thought about otherwise. Will begin soon! 


All in all, quite a good New Year's Resolutions report! 

No comments:

Post a Comment