I got a little creative in the kitchen yesterday. It is not that unusual for me to be creative. I don't like to follow craft 'recipes'. I will often look at them in magazines, books, web blogs etc. Mainly though I am gathering ideas and inspiration. I don't usually strictly follow instructions but prefer to do my own thing. Cooking is a different matter for me. I follow recipes in the kitchen. I am not overly particular about measuring ingredients but I don't take many risks with varying ingredients or method. I stick fairly closely to the recipe I am using.
Yesterday though I wanted to make a cake and use some of the apricots I have picked recently. I have stewed up quite a few batches and wanted a different way to use them. I haven't been brave enough yet to try making jam. I could have searched the internet for a recipe but instead I decided to adapt one I found in one of my recipe books. It was for a berry cherry cake made with cream cheese. I substituted apricots for the berries and cherries. I wasn't sure if it would work. It did. I put it in the fridge overnight and tried a piece this morning. Quite yummy. The apricots have sunk to the bottom but that doesn't matter. The fresh apricots add quite a bit of flavour.
Unexpected connections
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment