Blogging challenge preparation is under way.
I'm referring to the April A to Z blogging challenge. People all over the world will be blogging each day in April (except most Sundays) with each post covering a letter of the alphabet starting at A and finishing with Z. You can find more information about the challenge here.
I participated last year and did find it quite onerous posting 26 times in a month. To counter that I have begun preparations earlier this year. I have already written the posts for A, B, C and D and scheduled them to begin on the appropriate days. I have a theme this year - sharing books with children. I will be posting about many of my favourite children's books and ideas for sharing them. Already I have enjoyed reminiscing about old favourites and learning about new ones. I will be finding out lots of information and have already discovered some new favourite websites. It will be exciting to share what I learn. Soon I will be writing the E post about "Hunwick's Egg" by Mem Fox! A great book for sharing at Easter time. What good timing with the 5th of April being just before Easter.
I realised today that my love of children's literature seems to have also influenced my writing of poetry. Children's books often contain a lot of repetition. More than once I have written a poem with a line (or two) that repeats throughout the poem. A couple of times that has turned out to be a good thing but more often I have gone back and taken out the repetition!
I'm definitely in the A to Z April blogging challenge. I'll have posts at least for the first four days! How about you? Are you interested in joining the challenge?
C is for Caterpillar. Read what I have to say about this book, here on the 3rd of April, 2012.
I've done the poem-a-day thingy (usually from various prompts) each April (National Poetry Month) for the past 2 years, but I don't think I have it in me this year.
ReplyDeleteWe'll see.
I'll be doing the poem a day in April so I won't be doing the A to Z; but as I blog every day anyway, and I'm doing an A to Z of my blog intermittently, I don't think it matters :)
ReplyDeleteRon. and thelaughinghousewife - thanks for your comments. I have thought about the poem a day but it's beyond me at the moment. Maybe next year! Blogging every day - WOW!
ReplyDeleteThis is the first I've heard about this challenge and I have to say that I just might have to dip my hand into it... it will be interesting to see if I can incorporate the challenge with my usuall routine.
ReplyDeleteI found it somewhere and plan on participating as well. I have the alphabet written down with the dates written next to each letter and have to preplan as well. Jill
ReplyDeleteI love the theme you've chosen!
ReplyDeleteI'm signed up for the A to Z challenge too but I don't have any theme. I decided to just open the dictionary and randomly pick a word to write about. I think I'm about halfway done.
ReplyDeleteVery interesting blog! I will look into that challenge!
ReplyDelete