Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, August 6, 2011

Six Word Saturday - August 6th, 2011


Thanks for the birthday present, Kaitlyn! 

My birthday week is coming to a close. It has been a fantastic week with lots of celebrating and reflecting with family and friends. Thanks everyone who helped me to celebrate!

One of the highlights was a gift I received from the daughter of one of my friends. Kaitlyn (aged 13) made this gorgeous picture in a frame. It is just so adorable. I love how the sheep is looking up at the sun. The pom-poms are such a great idea and she used a tiny piece of pipe cleaner for the sheep's tail. Thank you so much Kaitlyn. I love it! 




13 comments:

  1. Very creative and with so much more meaning because she made it herself.

    Glad to hear you had a good birthday week and you even got lucky enough to get some 'out-of-the-ordinary' beautiful sunshiney days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colorful! I wouldn't mind waking up to that bright piece of art on the wall at the foot of my bed every day!

    6WS: School Starts Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Young art is often best art. Here, too. Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute.
    Happy 6WS!
    suchakingdom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You get a birthday week? Lucky you.
    And that's a lovely present.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whole birthday week - it must have been very special. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many years ago, one of my friends daughters gave a me a gift. I still have that gift today. It's so sweet when kids take the time to make us something from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is an awesome gift! such a creative young girl!! Hope you had a fantastic birthday week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! :) (Found your blog from Six Word Saturday)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That was a sweet gift.

    Happy Belated Birthday

    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a happy sheep! I'm glad you had such a lovely birthday. Great gift from Kaitlyn!

    Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. happy birthday sounds like you have had a ball.

    ReplyDelete