Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Friday, February 18, 2011

A mistake left uncorrected and lots of rain

Earlier today I accidently posted my small stone for today on this blog. Oops! It was supposed to go on my blog pausing for small stones where I post a short piece of writing each day. I was going to delete it then post it in the correct place but then decided to leave it here as an example of one of my small stones. I also posted it in the correct place. When I thought of today's small stone, I was about to get into my car when I heard lots of parrots in a nearby tree. Writing small stones is helping me to notice a lot more. Little dots of joy throughout the day. Today I was mulling over lots of possibilities for writing because of the rain changing how everything felt, looked, smelt and sounded today. 

It has rained a lot today. The most rain in Adelaide on a February day apparently for a long time. It wasn't particularly heavy but it was constant. Great for the garden! 

The opening parade for the Adelaide Fringe was scheduled for tonight but was cancelled due to the weather. Very disappointing. We have been looking forward to going for a long time. Last year's parade was fantastic. Alysha had a netball game this afternoon so I am not sure that we would have made it to the parade anyway. It is very disappointing that it had to be cancelled though. So many people would have been looking forward to it and the performers have been planning for a long time I'm sure. 

The Fringe is on for the next couple of weeks. I hope to get into town with the girls to enjoy some of the entertainment available. 

No comments:

Post a Comment