Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, May 16, 2015

Assembling a bike - riding a bike

If someone had told me last week that I would assemble and ride a bike this week I don't think I would have believed them. 

My eldest daughter asked me to go for a walk to the local shops on Monday. When we got there she told me she was going to get the bike she had on layby. I said we could get a taxi home if it was too heavy to carry in the box. That was rather an optimistic thought. When it was brought out I could see straight away it wouldn't fit in a taxi. What would we do? I read on the box that it was 'easy assembly - 25 minutes'. She had also just bought a helmet so I suggested we find somewhere quiet to assemble it and then she could ride home. All we needed was an adjustable spanner as the other tools were included in the box. 

We got to work and nearly two hours later it was time for the first ride. What was that about 25 minutes and easy??!!

Anyway we got it home with a combination of riding and walking and with some further tightening she has ridden it to work and home a couple of times. 

Yesterday she sent me a text asking me to get the bike as she had ridden to work but couldn't ride it home as it would be dark and she doesn't have lights. I thought I'd walk it home but then decided to try riding for a bit. It's been almost thirty years since I've ridden a bike and it was wobblier than I remember but that saying has some truth - you never forget how to ride a bike! 



My six words this week - 


Assembling a bike - riding a bike

This is a six word Saturday post. See how others describe their week or part thereof at www.showmyface.com

5 comments: