Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Sunday, January 1, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday - January 1st, 2012

Shadow Shot Sunday 2

It's super hot here today - 41 degrees celsius HOT - and it seems tomorrow will be the same. The heat is accompanied by a blazing sun which has meant lots of great shadows today. I braved the heat for a few minutes to capture these - 






6 comments:

  1. Lovely crisp shadows with delightful patterns! We are baking on my Mornington Peninsula too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely NOT hot here...but it's not as cold as it might be, either!
    I like your lacy shadows, especially the one on the fence.
    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The plants seem to be hanging in there despite the heat. South Arkansas had a very hot summer this past year, too - very little green left by the end of it.

    I enjoyed your shadows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The little plants don't seem to mind the heat--or am I imagining things?

    Happy New Year!

    SHADOWS AROUND ME

    Shadows around me, shadows above;
    Menacing shadows? No, just of love.
    Shadows to guide me through each today,
    Shadows around me at work or play.


    © 2012 by Magical Mystical Teacher

    Shadows and Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for your comments. That little tomato plant seems to be an exceptionally strong one. The only one to grow from many seeds planted and it's not going too bad with the heat. I am giving the plants lots of water but unfortunately I have lost a couple of cucumber plants and some beetroot that was going well until the heat. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shadow shots! 41 degrees today? Yikes! I thought it was warm here in Brisbane, but it's nowhere near 41 today. Thankfully! February I expect it will be a different story though :)

    ReplyDelete