Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, July 2, 2011

Six Word Saturday - July 2nd, 2011


A day to stay inside today. 

I could hear the rain when I woke up this morning and it has been reasonably steady all day. That is a change. The weather for the past few days has been quite glorious. It has been hard to believe that it is winter here. I have had conversations with friends about whether it is autumn hanging on or spring coming early. We decided it felt more like spring. Today, though, it is clearly winter! 


The July river of stones has begun. Click on the badge for more information about this fun challenge. I wrote my small stone for today as I looked out my lounge room window. 

The road is dark with water
The lavender shivers 
A Saturday to stay inside 


To read more of my small stones visit my other blog, Pausing to pick up small stones, and let me know if you decide to join in too. Part of the fun is reading other people's small stones! 

16 comments:

  1. Good words from a fellow Adelaidean - our rainwater tanks are overflowing it's rained that much today.

    Hard to believe after the amazing weather the last few days. Like your small stone

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when it rains all day. For a change we are having a dry and sunny day here in the south of England, but I can see rain clouds in the sky. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are finally through the rain here in US, Pac NW, hopefully. I think our summer is finally here. Hoping the rain dies down a bit in your area, I hear it has been pretty bad. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love all day rain perfect for staying inside and napping or reading or napping... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy you the rain. It's 102 degrees here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rain sounds kinda nice actually. It is in the 100's here all week.

    But hey, I guess we have to take what comes our way huh?

    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's 95 here and I would love the cooler weather! Great 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 98 today here in the south, usa. Bring some rain to us?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Send the winter here...It's hot and humid here :( I love winter time! (Found your blog from Six Word Saturday!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's been crazy everywhere....why can't we just have normal seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's mid 60s here (Ireland(, that's as near to a summer as we get.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sure you're not living in Stockport? Sounds like our weather (all year round).

    ReplyDelete
  13. Winter there, staying inside due to rain. Summer here and staying inside to avoid the brutal heat and humidity. Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definately summer here in Florida. Thankfully, our rain barrels are full and spilling over too! We are way below rain for this time of the year, but it is catching up blessedly quick. New to 6WS, how I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello: Happy Weekend!

    Write anything coming to your mind based on the image we provide for week 5,
    Share with us.

    Bless you,
    Hope to read your entry.
    Cheers.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete