![]() |
| Illustration by: Cicely Mary Barker |
Fairy shoes
It was nearly time for the Springtime ball
In the distance she heard her mother's call
From leaf to leaf she did flitter
Inside herself she was all a jitter
Fairy had looked but could not find her shoes
She spotted Bee and hoped for good news
With grace she waited until she could say
"Mr Bee, have you seen my shoes today?"
Barefoot and poised on that leaf so thin
Bumblebee's answer caused her to grin

wonderful..I can't imagine any better words to go with the picture..Jae
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute poem! Perfect to read to little girls. :-)
ReplyDeleteAnd now I must go out to the garden and try to spy one of these happy little creatures. Fun poem!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful like the traditional poems I had read to me as well as read to.
ReplyDeleteCute poem, love it :)
ReplyDeleteSilly Bee! Did he hide her shoes while he was working away? Or maybe he borrowed them to do a dance to tell the other bees where the pollen is! Lovely work.
ReplyDeleteVery delightful read.
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully apt.
ReplyDeleteWonderful children's poem in couplets that are a delight for springtime...thank you for joining in and posting...blessings...bkm
ReplyDeleteVery nice indeed, warms the cockles of this dark heart. Great work, thanks for sharing with us!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful, I loved this. :-)
ReplyDeleteA happy little ditty w/ great artwork.
ReplyDelete& Thanks for stopping by the eggs.
Fairys don't wear shoes - do they?
ReplyDeletecute..
ReplyDelete