Last week was my first post for Six Word Saturday. It was good to try something new. This week I also tried a new food. While in the fruit and vegetable section of the local supermarket I spotted a fruit I have never seen before.
KiwiBerry!
It didn't take a lot of thinking on my part before I popped a punnet into the trolley. I love kiwi fruit and I love berries. I was fairly confident I would like them. I did. I offered one to Alysha to try as well then regretted doing so. She is usually reluctant to try new foods but she loved them too and promptly ate a few. So they didn't last long. Each one about the size of a strawberry, they tasted a lot like kiwi fruit. They were just a little less tart and their skin was smooth, not furry, making them more easily palatable than regular kiwi fruit. I hope the supermarket keeps them in stock. I want some more.
Yum!
Snap - last week was my first time at Six Wrod Saturday as well and I also live in Adelaide.
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of kiwiberries - but I'm sure the kids would love them. I will have to keep an eye out for them and because you live in the same state and country then at least i know they exist here.
Love your six words - oh so true.
Oops - Don't you hate it when you spell a word wrong and don't realise till you post - I meant Six Word Saturday.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. Always try new things. I have seen kiwiberries around but havent tried them yet. Hope you are having a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteI've had the berries. What was new for me was the word "punnet", which I'd never encountered before. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteIt's like a pillowpet for fruit!
ReplyDeleteOh it sure it...especially when it's yummy or something really fun to do!
ReplyDeleteI am glad you liked your Kiwiberries. I'm not one to try many new things...but then, I am 60 and kinda set in my ways! ha!
ReplyDeleteHappy Saturday!
LOVE your Six Word Saturday and that's where I found your blog from :)
ReplyDeleteI've never seen a kiwiberry. Glad you both enjoyed them! Thanks for playing 6WS!
ReplyDelete