In 2008, I heard Kate Veitch reading from her newly released novel, 'Listen', at Adelaide Writers' Week. Immediately I wanted to read more and bought myself a copy of the book which I enjoyed immensely.
Earlier this year I was in the Noarlunga library picking up a book from the hold shelves when I saw a copy of 'Trust' waiting to be picked up by someone else. (The hold shelves are a great place to discover good books as you get to see books that may not make it back to the shelves between borrowings.) I didn't know Kate Veitch had written another book and definitely wanted to read it when I discovered that she had. I looked it up on the computer and reserved it, knowing it would be a while as a few people were ahead of me in the reservation line. A couple of weeks ago my turn arrived. It has been a while since I've read a novel. I am constantly reading something but novels haven't formed part of my reading material over the last few months.
It took me about a week (including a few later than usual nights) to read. It seems there has been so much to do these school holidays and finding time to read was a bit of a challenge.
If you enjoy books about family relationships and with great character development, I highly recommend this one! Kept me thinking well after I finished the last page!
No comments:
Post a Comment