Pandemic - is it possible to win?
Last week my daughter's boyfriend bought the board game, Pandemic, and the three of us have enjoyed learning how to play and trying to win. We've had five attempts so far and felt like we've come close a couple of times but haven't achieved success yet. It's a different way of playing a board game in that instead of playing against each other you work together to try and save the world from four different viruses. It took a little while to learn and each time you play it is different as part of the game is to have a particular role which changes each game. You have to use your skills to help the team and though you take turns individually there is lots of talking about what each person should do. It's certainly held our interest so far and we're determined to win. Maybe on our sixth attempt?
Thanks, but I think I'll stick to word games.
ReplyDeleteThis post makes me think of the hours and hours we would play Risk years ago. Now, you have given us a replacement. I must go to Wallyworld and see if I can find it. PS....We played so long one night, one of the players...a fellow teacher...just flipped the board and that was the end. There were many upset people that night, but in a way they were happy she did it :-)
ReplyDeleteEnjoy if you do get it. We like Risk too and it is similar but the working together is an interesting change.
DeleteBoard games and I generally don't get along well!
ReplyDeleteNot all sorrows
It sound like something that would make my head hurt.
ReplyDeleteIt does a little but it is fun.
DeleteIt sound like something that would make my head hurt.
ReplyDeletegood luck.
ReplyDelete