Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Diva's Weekly Zentangle Challenge #240

The Diva's Challenge this week is to be inspired by the season. It's Spring here, with lots of blossoms, buds and roses out in full bloom. I've been noticing the blanket of bottlebrush needles over my driveway. The other day I was getting out of the car when I saw a cute little branch of gumnuts and picked it up. I was already contemplating doing some art inspired by it so when I read the Diva's challenge for this week it wasn't hard to decide what to do.

gumnut inspiration

First I tried to draw some of the gumnuts, blossom and leaves. Initially I thought I would tangle around and within the outlines but then decided to leave it as it is. Perhaps I'll add some colour later.


Next, I thought I'd try to draw some gumnuts bigger and do some tangling. After a bit of trial and error this is what I came up with -


I decided to tangle the background and with quite a bit of shading the gumnuts stand out quite well.


A fun challenge this week!


5 comments: