There was only a small crowd, particularly in comparison with last year's event, but it was a pleasant afternoon of poetry in a great setting.
Friendly Street Poets is Australia’s longest running open-mic poetry reading community. Each year editors choose poems from the open-mic readings to form an anthology. I've seen quite a few of them and they are full of good quality poems (the latest included).
As well as enjoying the poetry there was a great art exhibition on (as there usually is). I took a couple of photos of some rather large bugs.
| The Praying Mantis |
| The Wasp |
These amazing sculptures are by Benjamin Young who has used his skills as an Artistic Blacksmith in his recovery from a serious brain injury (suffered in previous employment).
There's a little bit of a double meaning with my six words for Six Word Saturday this week.
Poetry and a couple of bugs.
Brianna and I have both been quite sick this week with some sort of bug. It's been a few days of lots of rest.
This coming week will have poetry in it for me as well. My poetry group is hosting a Friendly Street meeting on Thursday evening. I'm looking forward to it and the opportunity to share some of my words and listen to others.
Love the bug sculptures but sorry you caught the other kind of bug. Hope you are feeling much better now.
ReplyDeleteThe bugs that leave us begging for mercy are the ones we certainly can't appreciate!
ReplyDeleteBeach & Broom in 6 Words & Shadows