Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Holiday feet

It was back-to-school day after the Summer holidays for most children in Adelaide today. We had an extra day to get ready and spent some of it at Officeworks stocking up on stationery supplies. Brianna is going into year 9 and her school only has year 8s and year 12s attend on the first day of the year.  

I always enjoyed the first day back at school after holidays. I have many fond memories of the holidays too. Here's a poem I wrote a few years ago to celebrate going back to school and happy memories. 



Holiday feet

Coated in carpets of prickles
Fat from a meeting with bee
Covered in gritty, grainy sand
Set free by wriggling toes
Pelting across hot bitumen
Poked out from single sheets
These are my holiday feet
Soon to be cocooned again
Soon to be back-to-school feet


No comments:

Post a Comment