Thanks for visiting my playground for words and images. I hope you find something of interest.



Saturday, December 24, 2011

Six Word Saturday - December 24th, 2011


Cucumbers! Just in time for Christmas. 

A couple of months ago I bought a punnet of four apple cucumber seedlings. Three didn't survive due to the abundance of snails around the garden this year. The fourth plant was almost eaten. The snails had a good munch of the stalk but it managed to hold one. I have eaten a couple of cucumbers already. They were very tasty, just a little bitter. Today these four were ready to pick. Yum! 



and a bonus six words from me for today: 

Sending Merry Christmas wishes to you! 

I hope you have a good day tomorrow however you spend it. 

9 comments:

  1. I never knew they could be that shape; I thought they were only long and thin.

    They look delicious!

    Merry Christmas.

    http://thelaughinghousewife.wordpress.com/2011/12/24/how-we-do-christmas-oop-north/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Kylie, hope you have a great Christmas - at least it finally feels like summer is here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...The perfect stocking stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen these before. Interesting. Have a good Xmas and happy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your Christmas cucumbers! Not much is growing here. Thanks for playing 6WS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look good! I think it's fun to eat things from your own garden. I hope you have a merry Christmas! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't think there was any other kind of cucumber than the long thin ones! Merry Christmas to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I greatly admire people who can successfully grow things!

    ReplyDelete